Beamswork LED Aquarium Lighting

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I figured because "what led lights I should use" is a question often asked on this site I would do a write up on the beamswork led aquarium lighting. This write up will go over the specific models of the lights offered by beamswork that I personally have experience with while displaying the lights and giving a brief description on their uses. If you find this review helpful leave a comment and I will do the same review with the freshwater quad, snake eye led, and odyssea t5 or t5 halide combo lighting systems.

The first light I will talk about is their power led series. these lights come in all sizes from 12" to 48". this model does not contain a 30", 5ft, or 6ft light. This light is a high output led light, they area a single switch light without a moonlight option. The lights can come in silver or black plastic housing and in 10000k and actinic or just 6500k leds. The 6500k leds are my most recommended light to use for a planted aquarium. They are extremely bright and they grow plants very well. These lights use .5watt bulbs and have a lumen output of I believe 4400 lumens for the 48" model. They have a slick design only being a few inches wide and tall. I would consider these an upgrade from the marineland led lights and almost equal to the satellite leds in terms of performance. As for the depth these lights can reach I would not worry about putting them on a 30" tank, they can handle it. Their down fall is there is no controller and no timer option. This light range in price from around $15-$200 depending on the seller and size. Check amazon to acquire these lights. these lights are long lasting, I have some at the 4+ year mark
$_35.JPG
$_35 (7).JPG
$_35 (10).JPG

The next beamswork led is their hi-lumen model leds. Again these lights use .5watt leds and can come in silver or black housing. Unlike the power led model these lights have a digital timer option that can control the whites and blues separately. These lights also use an aluminum housing instead of a plastic housing. These lights are very well built. I've had zero problems with these lights and have not had a complaint from anyone who has purchased in the past 4 years. These lights can come with just 6500k white and 4400k red and 6500k white led as well. They have a lumen output of 5200 lumens for the 48" model. These lights come in 12"-60" (light strip length). Again these lights are plant capable and I would also recommend for a reef tank if you don't mind the 10000k led look on corals, they have an output capable for reefs. Tank shown is a 30" deep 110 gallon with only the blues on. Price ranges from $30-$240 again depending on seller and size.
$_35 (4).JPG
$_35 (3).JPG
$_35 (5).JPG

The last led model I will be writing on is their 72" .5watt led light with a lumen output of 7800 lumens. This light contains 168 .5watt leds again the blues and whites can be controlled separately. This light has a large external ballast or driver to run the leds. The housing is plastic and to my knowledge can only come in black. This light is 72" long but can extend to 84". Light color is 10000k and actinic blue, very sleek looking lights. Very well built no complaints. Ive ran them personally for 4 years, there is however no beamswork timer option. Incredible price for a 72" led I highly recommend. Ones I have are the led 180 version 2 lights. IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0891 (2).jpg

All of these lights have spectacular build quality, they are long lasting look great and are very fairly priced. They are superior to the marineland led lights in my opinion in all ways. Great lights, I highly recommend them to anyone int he market. I've had 4+ years of experience with these lights and have had no complaints about them. Thanks for reading

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Hopefully they've gotten better. I had a Beamswork high output 48-60" 6500K "for plants" LED fixture when they first started selling them about 3yrs ago. Within a few weeks I started loosing groups of LEDs. Beamswork's only recourse on this was for me to purchase another one, pay to ship back my defective one back in the new one's packaging, then they would reimburse me for the defective unit. I said no thanks and just kept using the original until so many LEDs were out I tossed it.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hopefully they've gotten better. I had a Beamswork high output 48-60" 6500K "for plants" LED fixture when they first started selling them about 3yrs ago. Within a few weeks I started loosing groups of LEDs. Beamswork's only recourse on this was for me to purchase another one, pay to ship back my defective one back in the new one's packaging, then they would reimburse me for the defective unit. I said no thanks and just kept using the original until so many LEDs were out I tossed it.
Unfortunate to hear. But when a company sells 100x more lights then other company's some do end up defective

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Unfortunate to hear. But when a company sells 100x more lights then other company's some do end up defective
True. Just to add to my above post, that 48-60" fixture was only $59 shipped at the time, when comparably spec'd fixtures were 3x that. I'd buy Beamswork again, just make sure to hang onto the original packaging and receipt in case you have issues.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
True. Just to add to my above post, that 48-60" fixture was only $59 shipped at the time, when comparably spec'd fixtures were 3x that. I'd buy Beamswork again, just make sure to hang onto the original packaging and receipt in case you have issues.
When people look at reviews for these lights or any led from China they don't take into consideration that these lights get a lot more reviews then all other lights because of their pricing. In the end most of these leds all come from the same manufacturers

Reactions: GamerChick5567

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I have 3 of the 72" fixtures, 2 have been great but the newer designed ballast model blew out a bank of leds within a few months. Even with that, I would buy again.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I have four 36" and two 24" fixtures, four years no issues but I will say the "moonlight" setting is a joke; it's just every third light or so but same type and color as "daytime" mode.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have four 36" and two 24" fixtures, four years no issues but I will say the "moonlight" setting is a joke; it's just every third light or so but same type and color as "daytime" mode.
Care to share which model? I show above two different models with the moonlight that is in fact blue

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Care to share which model? I show above two different models with the moonlight that is in fact blue
I couldn't really find a model number but here are pics of the top, day mode night mode and off. The do look sort of blue in the picture so I snapped a couple of the 90 I am setting up and it doesn't really look very blue to me WP_20170107_003.jpg WP_20170107_004.jpg WP_20170107_005.jpg WP_20170107_006.jpg WP_20170107_007.jpg WP_20170107_008.jpg

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store