My Betta died.

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
The betta breeders in Asia perform 90% w/c daily and look their fish fat and healthy. There is no such thing as too much water changes as long as the new water parameters matches the one in the tank.

I love Plakat betta and keep my betta fever endless.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The betta breeders in Asia perform 90% w/c daily and look their fish fat and healthy. There is no such thing as too much water changes as long as the new water parameters matches the one in the tank.

I love Plakat betta and keep my betta fever endless.
I replaced my recently deceased Betta with a paradise fish, no regrets there

Reactions: GamerChick5567

32Bit_Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2016
Beautiful gourami! They need bigger tank than betta right?

I like the Halfmoon plakat betta because they remind me Asian arrowana. The color and the scales are look alike the one of an Asian arowana.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
They do need bigger tanks, I bought a mid size male and I have to say he is at least 3 times the size of my old betta physically. they get longer and larger. I keep mine in a 15 gallon and he is an angel, busy and not bothersome to his mates :)

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I'm sorry to hear about your Betta buddy. They have so much personality for a small fish. Your new one is nice though!

I have one at work in a 3 gallon, planted, and one at home in a 5 gallon, planted. They get fed once per day, skipped days here and there. Maybe 5 pellets at a time.

I do 50% water changes 1x/week in all of my tanks from 3 gallon to 65 gallon and it works well. 90% 2x/week I would think could be stressful. Check your water parameters - if ammonia and nitrites are 0, and nitrates are under 10-20, you don't need to do as many changes.

You could add a sponge to the intake to help keep his fins from getting caught in it, and it might slow the flow a little. You can also cut up sponge and put it over the output and that can help slow the flow. People also make baffles which you can google. For me, I've done OK with using sponges.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store