Random cory deaths?

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Over the past 2 weeks iv lost 3 juli corys, my water perameters are perfectly fine, keeping up with water changes, all other fish are doing great so any ideas? Maybe it's time to clean my filter? Maybe they get scrapes from my gravel? ( ik I should have sand with corys newbie mistake) ik fish deaths are kinda random here and there but this seems unusual

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
What are the water parameter results?

Are these new fish or have you had them for a few months?

Did you see any damage to the fish such as worn off barbels, nipped or damaged fins, etc?

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
0 ammonia 0 nitrites roughly 20 nitrate

Temp at 78-79.

Tanks been running for a little over 6 months.
Corys have been in there for probly 5 of those months.

Bought 5 of then from a family owned store.

I didn't see any damage to then when I took them out and they looked healthy. I did notice the past 2 months they were less active, just kinda laying around here and there.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
What species of cory are they. Depending on species, and where they come from in South America determines water temps and perameters, s ome prefer warm water if they are from northern S America, some species if from southern South America prefer cooler water.
And those differences can be important in keeping them healthy, S American isa very large continent with many different temperature zones.
I kept Uruguayan C. erhardti in unheated tanks of about 68'F, warmer temps made themproneto disease and fungal infections.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store