New oscar and pleco aren't eating?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I mean have you seen any poop coming from him, looking to know if its white and stringy, or a clear like a tub, or if an actual regular turd.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
should comment on the pleco, freshy is correct, the pleco, will get 12" but they do grow slow. they poop in ropes and make your tank look bad in no time, so vacuuming good after every water change a must, I personally love my plecos as I never have to clean the glass or anything in the tank, mind you talking about a common or gibby pleco. for me its a fair trade off, he keeps my glass clear of algae and I vacuum well every water change.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Brooke Owens

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
You could always check with pet smart and see what they have been feeding them. Some fish can be picky and slow to adjust to a new type of food.
They were feeding him cichlid pellets which is what I have been offering him. He's just so scared but will eventually eat them. I guess he had gotten really hungry if he ate an algae pellet lol!

Reactions: Skalper666

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Oscars will often sulk when introduced to a new tank as well. I bought one that I quarantined in a 10 gallon for a couple of weeks. It just sat in the tank doing nothing, not eating, hiding. I tried putting it in my 75, which at the time only housed one female JD whom quickly proceeded to beat the Oscar to within an inch of it's life. So I put it in a 30 with a bunch of guppies, angels, severums to recover. It quickly came to life in the bigger 30 gallon though and has been fine ever since until I sold her last weekend.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store