How many wolf fish in a 72x24x24 (180 gal)?

Aladyne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2016
Missouri, USA
QuDodger your tank looks similar to what I had in mind for scaping.

If I only have the curo in the tank would I be able to get away with it being in a 180? I'm fine if it's the only thing in the tank. I'm assuming a breeding pair would be chaos. But then again from what I read they're usually found in pairs in the wild.

It's good to know that they'll stop eating. That would definitely concern me, especially since All that I've really kept are cichlids and if they don't eat something is wrong.

Any other advice? Overall curos seem like an easy species to keep and more active than many of the others. Plus they aren't terribly hard to get a hold of from what I've seen.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You can do the curu in the 180 and a few tankmates if you'd like. No one has gotten curupiras to pair, they always kill eachother AFAIK. The problem comes mixing a curu with other wolves.

I have mine with a few bichirs, and a sun cat for the bottom, and at the top is an odoe and the gold though the gold does go to the bottom here and there. He on,y really fights with the odoe, sometimes when he's in a grumpy mood he doesn't like the gold or the sun cat near him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store