Videos - fed earthworms last night

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I had asked in here how to feed earthworms. Well yesterday I dug a bunch out of my yard and actually I found quite a lot of skinnier ones which was perfect (so less worry about the ropes.) I cut up a couple of the longer ones but threw the rest in whole and everyone was psyched! Got some video of the new Moke, the Del, and my Cteno eating them. I don't think the ropes did here but they were also psyched and ate them with zero issue (that was my concern, since their mouths are so small.)

Mr. Moke - the new cute green headed guy. (And Checkers the Ctenopig snags one at the end, freaking out a rope.)

Udon, the Del

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
It's so fun to watch them hunt. :)

The Ctenopig hunts by sight more, and it's obvious the bichirs / ropes don't.

Even my Congo tetras ate some! Pretty funny watching them swim around with a worm hanging out of their mouths.

I only got one butterfly to eat a worm out of my hands. Should have used tongs, since the worms are slippery. Next time.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I think I might feed worms on a regular basis. They're free, and they seem way less messy than silversides or catfish, or krill. Or even pellets.

It rarely freezes here so I don't think I even need to do a worm bin. Although that would make it easier than using a spade. ;)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Cool. Mag these vids are making.me want another moke....so cool looking

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Really happy with the little guy, how he looks, and how much he's out and about.

Husband still hasn't noticed... Thought for sure he would last night as he was swimming around while we were watching a movie. (Tank is off to the side, so it's easy to get distracted during movie times.) I was just waiting but he didn't see him. ;)

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I had asked in here how to feed earthworms. Well yesterday I dug a bunch out of my yard and actually I found quite a lot of skinnier ones which was perfect (so less worry about the ropes.) I cut up a couple of the longer ones but threw the rest in whole and everyone was psyched! Got some video of the new Moke, the Del, and my Cteno eating them. I don't think the ropes did here but they were also psyched and ate them with zero issue (that was my concern, since their mouths are so small.)

Mr. Moke - the new cute green headed guy. (And Checkers the Ctenopig snags one at the end, freaking out a rope.)

Udon, the Del
Udon slurped that worm up like a noodle!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store