Feeding Baby Jardini

Isaiah Shipp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
Hey guys, so I've posed a similar questions but wasn't very specific. So I have a 1.5 inch jardini that I just got today. How do I transfer him/her to pellets? Any other recommendations on what else to feed the little guy? Thanks guys!

IMG_1185.JPG

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
Don't worry about getting him on pellets yet. Make sure he just eating. I started of with frozen blood worms and moved to chopped up shrimp. When he gets to about 4-5 inches you can start to pellet train him.

Isaiah Shipp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
Don't worry about getting him on pellets yet. Make sure he just eating. I started of with frozen blood worms and moved to chopped up shrimp. When he gets to about 4-5 inches you can start to pellet train him.
Like I said, I got him yesterday and he is refusing to eat anything. When should I begin to worry and I know arowanas are notorious for not eating sometimes, any tips and keeping him to eat? Thanks!

aotechs

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2015
Columbus, OH
I'd say give it another week before worrying. Keep offering blood worms or try baby crickets if you can find them small enough. Try dimming the lights until he settles in and feels safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store