Severum bullying

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
15-20 gallons is WAY too small. You'll need a much bigger tank to house those fish. the bigger they get, the more aggressive they'll be. So either upgrade now, or rehome them all and get a fish more suited to a small tank
How big u suggest ??
And m a begginer before this all i raised where goldfishes or carps

fish nerd 84

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
tennessee
Yes they need space but since you dont have it in a 20 gallon thats why I said get plants,decor etc.. to allow the fishing being bullied to hid. I would suggest you get at least a 75 gallon to house these fish. Even a 55 would be better than a 20

Reactions: Rohit rai

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
Yes they need space but since you dont have it in a 20 gallon thats why I said get plants,decor etc.. to allow the fishing being bullied to hid. I would suggest you get at least a 75 gallon to house these fish. Even a 55 would be better than a 20
Ok am planning to get 55 gallon instead 75 due to space problems

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
Av
actually i know some people who can customise the tank for me
So can u suggest 65 gallon (37*19*25) actually i want it to fit in my 3feet space & if i can add more sev ?

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
Id say youre pretty maxed out on fish of those species, even with a 65
Actually i wanted to see em grow to their full size and later i relocated em to bigger 75 gallon or may be bigger tank but first i wanted em to grow like a gold nugget in a tank not like a pea sized in large space.

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
O
Actually i wanted to see em grow to their full size and later i relocated em to bigger 75 gallon or may be bigger tank but first i wanted em to grow like a gold nugget in a tank not like a pea sized in large space.
r u can suggest me more specias compatible with these sev

fishman61

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2009
MO
I have severums in both of my tanks, 125 & 150, they need adequate space to swim around. I would never mix severums with oscars. Severums grow to 8" and oscars grow up to 12" If you are wanting 6 fish in your tank, I recommend at least a 90 gallon tank. I have severums and parrots in my tanks, they grow to the same size and there in very little aggression.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store