29 gallon tank for 2 baby flowerhorn + 1 red oscar

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
The filter. You using anything to keep water clean?

May I ask where you're from or where do you live? Your profile does not say where you're from. I have filters to give you're close.

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
@f
Go with Skalper666's advice. If you can get a bigger tank, even better...don't forget, you'll need filtration.
Reply: Well, Ugh. They're not shy anymore and started to eat a lot today, I can tell the gender. One of them has a dark color and has stripe on her top fin so it's a female and the other one is bright color and doesn't have stripe on top fin.

The female is shy around me, but the male is not. Male always come up first for food then female (female only come up when I walk away), but when I was sitting from my table, I saw the female starting to chase the male, so what is going on?

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Your fish are gearing up to kill each other -that's what is going on. THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM Big fish go in big tanks. Put small fish in your small tanks not big fish.
Get the big tank first -then get the fish to put in it.

Reactions: Chiapet29

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Your fish are gearing up to kill each other -that's what is going on. THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM Big fish go in big tanks. Put small fish in your small tanks not big fish.
Get the big tank first -then get the fish to put in it.

I live in Manchester, New Hampshire. Where tap water can range from 6.2-6.5, so I bought the water conditioner. It's a perfect city, where everything is close. Petsmart and Petco are only 1-2 minutes away from each other lol.

And I just returned the female baby flowerhorn, and the oscar. I kept the money for the oscar and return the female baby flowerhorn for a another flowerhorn because there were new flowerhorns and bigger one this time, about 2-3 inches. So I bought a male one, I was looking at those flowerhorns for 5 minutes and this one doesn't have stripe on the top fin and red eyes and red around it, seems like a red dragon which is perfect.

Hopefully this will help, the small and the big one should make peace and enjoy the tank. The 2 others flowerhorns tails were kinda ripped, and the other one which is more colorful mouth is kinda injured because it was fighting the fish in the tank. There were 6 same fish, I don't know what kind was attacking it and the flowerhorn ran away, if someone don't buy it in time, then it's will die.

I WAS ABOUT TO BUY IT< BUT DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY, I COULD HAVE SAVE IT AND HAVE 3 FLOWERHORNS IN MY 29 GALLON TANK.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store