New to the forum, looking for general info/feedback/opinions

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
So I'm new to MFK, just want to see what anybody has to say about my tank setup in general. I have a 75 gallon long stocked with fake plants/decor. Filtered by 2 marineland emperor 400s w/bio wheels. Few bubble stones in place, one 48 in bubble wall as well. I have in my tank two parrot cichlids, neither of them above 4 inches long yet. One green terror cichlid which is about 4 inches. One regular plec up to 4-5 inches, and 3 silver dollars (two of which are about 2.5-3 inches in diameter and the third has stayed small around a dollar coin size. Am I overstocking? Would I be able to add a few more less-aggressive cichlids? Going for a solid community tank. I feed pellets, blood worms and brine shrimp lightly. Appreciate any feedback, thanks!IMG_3256.JPG

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Not too familiar with the fish you keep, but that common pleco might cause you problems down the line with both size and bio-load..,

Reactions: Mbielek

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
I have heard that about the pleco, around what size would you suggest I sell him?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ IMHO, not many people want to keep a common plec unless they were ill advised, since even avid pleco keepers would much rather choose the more exotic plecos if they had to go for one at that size...

With that being said, i would probably try and get rid of him ASAP, and if you really still want a pleco, find something more suited for the 75G you have such as maybe a busy nose pleco prehaps???

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
^ IMHO, not many people want to keep a common plec unless they were ill advised, since even avid pleco keepers would much rather choose the more exotic plecos if they had to go for one at that size...

With that being said, i would probably try and get rid of him ASAP, and if you really still want a pleco, find something more suited for the 75G you have such as maybe a busy nose pleco prehaps???
Understandable, I will definitely look to sell him back to the store. And I will most likely still look for a smaller breed of pleco.

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Welcome to MFK! I would also vote to not add any more fish, once the ones you have mature you won't have any room left especially when the GT decides to flex his dominance.
Good point, my GT is already making his precense known in my tank. I'm wondering just how big he'll get being a 75 gal...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store