How often should I be feeding a cichlid/silver tank?

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
My tank setup right now is a 75g including two blood parrots (between 3-4 inches), one green terror (4 inches), and three silvers around the diameter of 4 inches. I've been feeding blood worms/brine shrimp once a day, and pellets maybe twice. Some days I go completely without feeding, especially after I just had a major algae bloom and didn't feed for about 4 days. How often do these fish of this size really need to eat? I want to bulk them up, but I also don't want to overfeed. Thanks!

Reactions: Mvrenko

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I generally feed my cichlids and tetras once a day. I feed in small amounts at a time to be sure they all eat and get enough. Going 4 days with no food won't harm them. I would stick with pellets as the main food and offer the other stuff on occasion.

Reactions: Mbielek

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
I generally feed my cichlids and tetras once a day. I feed in small amounts at a time to be sure they all eat and get enough. Going 4 days with no food won't harm them. I would stick with pellets as the main food and offer the other stuff on occasion.
Thanks so much, I'll sick to pellets for sure 1-2 times a day. Blood worms and mysis shrimp or brine shrimp for a treat every now and again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store