Starting f2 kamfa import from thailand

Naranbaatar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
MONGOLIA ULAANBAATAR
hey guys i am starting my 2nd flowerhorn. This time kamfa f2 imported from thailand, picked him up for 100$, he is 2 inches long no humps yet but colorful

for now he will be locating in a 30 gallons when he reaches 5 inchs gonna place him or her in bigger tank

so lets sit back and watch his or her progress of growth

here is the 1st picture

IMG_0909.JPG

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Please tell me that's not US currency. If it is, the cost of shipping that fish costs more than the fish itself.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
I'm all about watching the development of a fish, but at 2 inches, and $100.00 price tag you should already be seeing signs of a kok forming. That is a ton of money for a fish that isn't showing a whole lot. I know Kamfas can be late bloomers, but I'm not so sure about this one. If "it" turns out to be a fertile female then that, in my opinion, is a better outcome. Plus an F2 is supposed to be one of the higher quality fish as there hasn't been as much inbreeding, yet enough for strong flower horn kamfa traits to be more focused on.

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

Naranbaatar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
MONGOLIA ULAANBAATAR
I'm all about watching the development of a fish, but at 2 inches, and $100.00 price tag you should already be seeing signs of a kok forming. That is a ton of money for a fish that isn't showing a whole lot. I know Kamfas can be late bloomers, but I'm not so sure about this one. If "it" turns out to be a fertile female then that, in my opinion, is a better outcome. Plus an F2 is supposed to be one of the higher quality fish as there hasn't been as much inbreeding, yet enough for strong flower horn kamfa traits to be more focused on.
lets hope this guy develops some good traits i am hoping for it

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
Its a low grade kamfa, look like it has lots texas in it, Ask person what breeder it came from Thailand

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store