FS | Crenicichla Zebrina/Zebra Pike | $500 | Connecticut, Pomfret 06259 | Pickup

Dr Goonch Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
What type of listing is this?:
FS
What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Crenicichla Zebrina/Zebra Pike & misc oddballs
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Connecticut, Pomfret 06259
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup
Description:
I've had this guy in captivity since late 2015, and he'll eat anything that hits the water, living or dead. Inquisitive fish, with great coloration. He's been in a big near 300 gallon tank as long as I've had him. I bought him at 10 inches, he's closer to if not 12 now. It's hard to tell without netting him up and measuring him (I leave him be.)

I'm interested in straight cash deals, trades, partial trades, whatever. I've never shipped a fish and this isn't the one I'd want to guinea pig.

Potentially interested in large tanks for trade, partial or otherwise. Or even other fish I suppose.

I have a few other oddball fish available as I phase out most the weird stuff for my attempts at breeding on a serious level. A few oddballs like an arowana knife fish (Weird one. Look up them, super shy and hard to get a good picture of but a really cool oddball monster. He's about 5 inches now, barely grown in the year I've had him. They get huge) I'm asking for $50 for him.

2x Irwini raphael cats too, about 4 inches. I'd do $40 a piece.

I also have a handful of planicep's catfish from an aborted dream idea of a breeding project.

I breed a lot of simple stuff that I doubt anyone here would be interested outside of maybe the self cloning crayfish I keep. (They could make good feeders)

I have a lot of equipment from a long time spent in the hobby. Everything from 5 foot tall protein skimmers to a few monster tanks, acrylic ones. One around 250 gallons, a bow front acrylic tank that's about 350.

Big canister filters like an FX5 and an Eheim 2260. Those big blue tarp like pond that are held up by PVC legs (550 gallons I believe) a 500 gallon'ish super heavy duty tub.... Am I allowed to dump a bunch of stuff in a single thread? lol

Sorry if first post is rambling and incoherent, it's been a long few days. Here are some pics of "Ike the Pike".

***Note, nothing wrong with his eye, that's a blemish on the crappy acrylic tank he's kept in.

I have a video of Ike, I'll upload it ASAP as he's very difficult to get good pictures of.​
Shipping method:
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

20170118_080057.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Goonch Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Oh, some misc stuff

I'll arrange a half way point meeting with anyone from New England to the Jersey area, or straight up deliver if you throw me some gas money.

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
How much for the fx5

Dr Goonch Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Oh wow, the prices of the Zebra Pikes have dropped since the last time I checked. It's been some odd years since I've been a part of the hobby however so I'm out of the loop.

Yeah, I'd obviously chop the price of the Zebrina Pike, seems like dropped in price.

Reactions: the big kahuna

newyorkmfk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2015
I have a black hybrid ray and a couple other fish on here for sale if you are interested in trade for the zebrina. Text me 631-926-1227

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
I'll take the fx5 I can pick it up not this weekend coming but the following weekend

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
Actually if you are available this weekend I can come pick it up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store