WA
little ragman update,

Reactions: Red Devil

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Thank you, he is doing well. he gets vocal when I leave the room. but appears he was mistreated by guys with beards, I let him nibble my beard, as of yet. he does not let me hold him. birds got a long memory.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Thank you, he is doing well. he gets vocal when I leave the room. but appears he was mistreated by guys with beards, I let him nibble my beard, as of yet. he does not let me hold him. birds got a long memory.
[I am glad he is doing well.... I know how parrots get attached to their owner..and how hard it is to bond with someone new.. you are doing great.. I wish my cockatoo was this healthy.. mine likes to pluck her feathers.. she has been with me over 20 years and still miserable at times.. my African gray raised from a baby is great.. I also have 4 parakeets and a new baby cockatiel coming.. everyone just got new cages.. I am surrounded by birds as I type this..they need a lot of attention.. best to you and your beauty.]

Reactions: pops

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Thank you, still new to parrots, but learning, busy house hold with lots going on, lots of interaction and puzzle toys help when at work and rest at school.

plucking is not an issue I want to have to deal with.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Thank you, still new to parrots, but learning, busy house hold with lots going on, lots of interaction and puzzle toys help when at work and rest at school.

plucking is not an issue I want to have to deal with.
She did not start this horrible habit until about a year ago.. they need constant interaction and attention.. she needs even more..... and the more she gets the more she needs.. we got her the bird collar.. it worked for awhile and then she managed to get it off.. she is very hormonal.. so many things going on at once in her body.. that she was adopted is still an issue.. probably wants to breed.. a very demanding personality.. but we love her.. and we will get through this.. when weather warms up we will take her for a bird visit to vet again.. I am thrilled for you and your boy to have such a great pairing.. they do think we are their partner.. ..

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
from what I have read, 10% on average will develop plucking, no matter how well taken care of, and shows around year 10 to year 15. by band rags 11 years old. born in AZ. and there are other issues besides neglect that can bring it on. Again still learning,

I like this site for help.

file:///C:/Users/greg/Desktop/Real%20Cockatoo%20Facts!%20_%20Forums%20powered%20by%20UBB.threads%E2%84%A2.html

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
[Thanks for info site..here is my African grayDSC_6514 (2).JPG DSC_6514 (2).JPG mr cash 021.JPG

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
update, the ragman is finally getting settled and happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store