Crazy Question - Is it possible to keep rays in illegal states?

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
I was looking at the map of where rays are Illegal and California is one of those states. However isent StingrayBiology is in California... So I am wondering, is there some sort of permit you can apply fort if you are a Breeding facility. I assume it will be different from state to state? Who would you even contact to ask this question?

Just wondering,
Thanks, Arkangel77

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I was looking at the map of where rays are Illegal and California is one of those states. However isent StingrayBiology is in California... So I am wondering, is there some sort of permit you can apply fort if you are a Breeding facility. I assume it will be different from state to state? Who would you even contact to ask this question?

Just wondering,
Thanks, Arkangel77
I was speaking to predatoryfins as they also have rays in restricted states. They said they went to fish and wildlife? And got a permit, only allowed to sell them outside restricted states

Chevyfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2017
What states are they illegal in? I can't find a thing on North Dakota

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I think you have to prove its for research, or for show purposes like you are opening a public aquarium and charging admission. Which is why Kevin's facility is called 'The Center for Stingray Biology'. However, from what I have heard it's next to impossible to get a permit in California.

That may have changed now idk.

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Yes it is definitely possible but the permits are not easily obtained. After all the largest stingray facility is in an illegal state

Reactions: Arkangel77
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store