Udon, Soba, and the Noodles

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
lol, Endli are one thing but congi are still not my cup of tea.
You bring them up allot though lol somewhere deep in your subconscious you secretly love them.

All kidding aside all polys hold some beauty to them.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Wish I was in the position to 'fight' over which LJ poly was best. ;)

I did suspend a piece of DW in the tank and am happy with how it looks right now. Didn't take pics because I did a water change and dosed with RidX (everyone gets their probiotics, thanks to this site) so it was cloudy looking.

Silly noodles
noodles.jpg

Moke wanting in on it.
IMG_7962.jpg

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Wish I was in the position to 'fight' over which LJ poly was best. ;)

I did suspend a piece of DW in the tank and am happy with how it looks right now. Didn't take pics because I did a water change and dosed with RidX (everyone gets their probiotics, thanks to this site) so it was cloudy looking.

Silly noodles
View attachment 1233899

Moke wanting in on it.
View attachment 1233900
wow your ropes are fabulous. Making me really start to like them! Great job capturing that wonderful photo

DMD123 DMD123 weeksii is the cutest! that would be quite the pile. How many polys can we stack!?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Some videos from last night.

Here's a tank tour.
You can see the suspended DW which I thinks adds better balance to this tall tank. The Vals need to grow out behind it but trust me, they will. Those things are like weeds. It's been fun modifying the landscape to suit the polys yet allow me to see them. As they get larger I might have to continue to thin things out but for now it seems to work.

A quick clip trying to show the difference in size between the Del and the Polli.
Not only length but girth. The Polli is a little piggy though so I'm sure will put on some decent growth soon. I am back to feeding daily due to the little one (was doing every other, or at least fasting 3x/wk). In between "real" feedings of pellets and fish or krill I just toss some frozen mysis or bloodworms in there for the Polli primarily but everyone else gets a little, too. Once the Polli is 6 inches I'll back it down again.

I have been so focused on the Polys that I've been neglecting the plecos. I know people warn against them with bichirs but mine have been fine. I have a Blue Seam Ancistrus (aka bushynose) that I think is really cool looking - bushynose don't really appeal to me in general but this guy is super cool. The fins and spots look really blue at certain times. I also have a Para Pleco L075 that is gorgeous. She doesn't bother the polys, they annoy her because they have no body space issues. She deals with it but doesn't always like to snuggle. ;)

Highlighting Dottie, the L075. I think she's so beautiful. I obviously like spotted fish, along with my snake shaped fish. Hence my Polleni addiction.

Rewatching the pleco ones I'm smiling because Macaroni the little Polli has a cameo in each just because he's so in your face. :)

I'll post some pics in a bit, too.

Last edited:

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Yeah, I'm not worried with my two. You just read SO many people warning against any pleco with a bichir except mayyyyybe a BN. I think it's something to consider, but mine work just fine.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store