Is that a tropic gar in the background?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Oh ok...looked a little different...thx. Nice fts!

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Oh ok...looked a little different...thx. Nice fts!
I think you saw the darker mid body spotting and the blurred wide appearence of the nose as the traits for tropicals. I knkw there is a few available now. I think aquascape has some?

My experience gars and bass don't mix well. Especially tropical gars. Mine were very agressive eaters.

Having said that I will have to temp house my shortnose with my bass until the pond is built.

Nice pickups. To the o.p

tony tropical

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
redditch uk
I think you saw the darker mid body spotting and the blurred wide appearence of the nose as the traits for tropicals. I knkw there is a few available now. I think aquascape has some?

My experience gars and bass don't mix well. Especially tropical gars. Mine were very agressive eaters.

Having said that I will have to temp house my shortnose with my bass until the pond is built.

Nice pickups. To the o.p
I've always kept gars with my bass they seem to get on really well. I've had the gars from 3" and they only feed on pellets hikari gold same food my Cichla eat.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

Nice pickups. To the o.p
Did notice it. Interesting look to it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store