Bearded Dragon Toe Problem! Need Advice!

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Looks like it happened over night, please tell me his toe can be saved!! Idk what happened didnt even look like he was in shed mode...toes were fine the other day for sure! I soaked him for a bit today but unsure what else to do. Thanks for any suggestions

IMG_7480.JPG

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That almost looks infected or something, or possibly just damaged.

Maybe you must have a vet check it out?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey everyone, i got nervous and brought him asap to the vet today. They ended up clipping his toe off That sucked, said it was pretty much dead tissue and said it was. The best thing to do in case what ever it was would spread. Thank you anyway guys for the replies

IMG_7486.JPG

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Jesus christ I come home to this! He is mising more toes! Defintly was teared off had to be since there is blood. He is the only dragon i have, everything in his tank is what inat least thought safe. I took out the carpet, there was suprisingly very little blood on the carpet but on the ornament and his hammock had blood. I think he may have jump on the screen and lost his toes and that dark bits was it burnt? I have no idea im shocked! Right now i have him only on paper. Any ideas? I dont notice any blood or anything on the screen accept his tree ornament and the hammock. I put some sylver on it hopefully tomorrow i can bring him in to the vet again.

IMG_7495.JPG

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
It looks almost like they're being burned.

Is this the same foot? How well does your dragon shed? I've heard that dead skin will pile up and cause an infection and spread to more toes.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
He sheds pretty good in my opinion, i just beought him in to get treated so im sure the doc would have notice if there was other peices of shed on his toes, however wont be able to being him in till saturday so i just hope it doesnt get worse. I took out most of his ornaments and he is on paper now. Hopefully he will be ok till saturday...i have a weird feeling he bit his own toes or somehowngot it caught in something and yes same foot

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Looks bacterial. I'd remove all the substrate in his tank, bleach, and keep him on paper towels for a few weeks.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Looks bacterial. I'd remove all the substrate in his tank, bleach, and keep him on paper towels for a few weeks.
Since u found a lot of blood in the tank doesnt that mean he teared it himself sonehow? Or can bacterial infections cause lots if bleeding? Either way saturday is his visit tonight when i get out of work i'll soak him and put on his cream again. Also will clean out his tank i hope he hurt himself and not something contagious, i have an ackie monitor tank on top of his

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store