Monster fish for man cave.

Richard Gazinya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2017
I would disagree with the Fahaka idea, they easily get to 12 inches in a year and 18-20 inches over all, the dimensions of the tank would make for very cramped swimming/hunting space. They are very active fish and despite the overall gallons they need a bit more length to swim.
How about a small African Cichlid colony?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
. my 310 is sunfish, coosae bass, crappie, bullhead cats and channel cat. Its pretty badass. Granted you'd have to stick to sunfish.
Turn it into a paladarium( part water part jungle) get a rough greensnakes, a couple day geckos, a pair of crested geckos for land area, for water area( should have a little current) get some pictus, a freshwater pipefish and some splash tetras. Maybe add a red eye tree frog and a vampire shrimp
People seem to undrestimate their catfish all the time. They are mostly fast growing predators capable of eating fish pretty close to their own size. Gulpers are only significant in that they will be able to eat fish actually larger than themselves. Channelcats will eat sunfish (personal experience), the sunfish stop growing and the channelcats don't.
if it's a fish for a man cave you should train it to get out of the tank and fetch you a drink....does that limit you to snakeheads or lungfish.
No it doesn't. There are walking catfish. Always wanted one but they are illegal in NY.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I just realised I forgot ny suggestion. (timed out for editing.) Malawai Trout. I know they are cichlids and not allowed, but they are the closest to p-bass you might be able to put there, even if its a little small for them. One male and two or three females would give you an incredible tank.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Odoe get to big, mine hit 14" from 3-4" in a year.
10 Spanner barb shoal would be cool, mine tear up mussels and silversides and are right little lumps at 5-6" long and 3" tall...
Add a nice smaller pleco, bufonis catfish and a centre piece like an Apollo shark.
Would be a smart setup.
Lots of live plants and a big piece of driftwood in the middle.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
People seem to undrestimate their catfish all the time. They are mostly fast growing predators capable of eating fish pretty close to their own size. Gulpers are only significant in that they will be able to eat fish actually larger than themselves. Channelcats will eat sunfish (personal experience), the sunfish stop growing and the channelcats don't.
No it doesn't. There are walking catfish. Always wanted one but they are illegal in NY.
my channel, knock on wood, is a wuss. hes a farm raised albino so he's only ever known pellets. So far...that's stayed true because he could easily swallow the bass and sunnies lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store