Black diamond rhom or manueli?

Skyeboy

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 4, 2016
Im debating on ether a black mask black diamond rhom or a manueli. Im not super familiar with piranha species so figured i would come here. Im looking for a interactive aggresive fish with personality possible to be kept with exodons. Which is more rare? Which do you like and why?

Db04ph

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
Depends. Each fish is different. Manny would probably be more rare. So if I had a choice I would go with a Manny over rhom if it's available to you.

Reactions: tlindsey

Skyeboy

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 4, 2016
The black rhom is a black mask from rio toncantins. What the deal with the whole black mask thing? And which one has more personality

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
A rhom is a rhom regardless of color variant and that color changes based on age and tank decor. Often a ploy to charge more money.

Manueli is significantly more rare and more sensitive. The personally depends on the individual fish. Some are Devils and some are princesses that hide all day.

Winfield92

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2017
Nomad
I know I'm late on the reply, but in my experience neither will be an interactive fish. I've never had a manny, but neither my rbp's or my rhom were interactive. LFS had a manny for a while that literally stayed in one corner of the tank until it was time to eat.

Slythy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2015
My Sera has never eaten in front of me in the 1.5 years ive had him. he was purchased at 1" and is now about 5.5". I catch him swimming late at night or when he doesnt think I'm around but when he sees me move he darts behind his log. I think a manny in general is a more interactive/aggressive fish. i could have a real wimp of one but since its a planted tank and my hands are always in the tank I'm ok with it haha.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I had a Manny which I lost at 5", at that size he was very active, he chased my finger over the glass trying to bite it... Mean sob, shame they are very fragile, like a power cut can kill em fragile. That's what happened to mine, maybe an emergency air pump would have helped. Coolest piranha by a country mile imo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store