The Official Rio Doce Kelberi Grow Out Thread!!!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I didn't get them from Jeff. I know he does wholesale though and the tail bars are identical. I doubt if he did sell some to another store he would say anything. Money is money on the other side of the counter.

Ill get some pics to compare thoughts. They are still smaller at 4" but they are showing strong similarities here.
I know he only had limited qualities but if you ask him, he could probably enlighten you.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I know he only had limited qualities but if you ask him, he could probably enlighten you.
I don't even know if it is worth the effort on either end. They are looking nice with lots of potential coming through. I miss my old Bahia kels anyway.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I took these last week and never posted them up. Two of my favorites. Both are unique in their own ways. Their shape and color varies from all 4 of the doces. The one bass has grown red in his tail from wear it has split due to brawls.

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9820.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

Reactions: isde02 and Chub_by

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Top one looks to have some serious potential gold marbling is that one larger than the others? It's crazy how different they can look from the same batch.

Reactions: bOOsteN aUdI

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Top one looks to have some serious potential gold marbling is that one larger than the others? It's crazy how different they can look from the same batch.
That one isn't the largest but it's up there. The one with no belly blotches is the smallest and it's the first to get the anal fin spangling. You can kind of see it in the photo but you have to look closely. It has gotten a lot more prominent since I took the photos above. Also half have a little tiny dot for the tail occcelate and the other half have a big tail occelate.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Two out of the group. I removed my tiles due to too much build up under them, so they are a little dark and need time to settle back in. Let's see some other.

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store