How long to starve out a datnoid?

Randall_Vee

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2016
Just thought I'd post an update - I picked up a 60 gallon tank this week and was prepping it up when I found my smallest datnoid belly up. I never actually got him to eat steadily unfortunately and I knew this was going to happen.

Absolutely breaks my heart but I still have my other two; thankfully they have been willing to eat the hikari stuff as well as freeze dried shrimp and have gotten a bigger since the last time I posted up.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Datnoides, are difficult to get onto processed or frozen foods, the process of getting them to quit live is a patient one.

These fish will starve to a point of no return, and once there they simply wither to death.

In my experience Ntt and Ngt are very stubborn and have seen em starve to a point, after which they are so wasted that even if live food is offered they don't have it in them to catch and eat.

The best way is to not starve them for more than two weeks. Try feeding them Pellets every third day.

In your case the fish was a new entrant, I always feed new fish, what they would eat, and slowly get them onto other favorable foods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store