Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Yeah the great stuff just doesn't carve down too well. I tried it once before myself and had the same feeling after trying it. Have you tried just using the same closed cell foam in the cut out and hitting it with a heat gun? On my BG's after I rough up the surface I usually go over it with a heat gun quickly and it gives a nice rock like texture. Might be worth trying on the cut outs and seeing if you like that perhaps.

Reactions: Santa Fe Discus

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah the great stuff just doesn't carve down too well. I tried it once before myself and had the same feeling after trying it. Have you tried just using the same closed cell foam in the cut out and hitting it with a heat gun? On my BG's after I rough up the surface I usually go over it with a heat gun quickly and it gives a nice rock like texture. Might be worth trying on the cut outs and seeing if you like that perhaps.
Thanks, I will have to give that a try. I may sponge on some thick acrylic. Wish I would of just dug out those areas. Spray foam gives me ideas for other projects though

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Santa Fe is an art town. Several years ago I ran into a local artist and bought my wife a few mixed art media classes for her birthday. My wife was nice enough to lend me some of her art supplies. I saw her make a textued canvass once out of gift wrap tissue paper. Here goes.

This section will be a deep blue, or at least that is the plan.

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
I had about 1/3 of a can left of black pond shield left over from my sump build and will help save the clear. I poured epoxy in the bottom of every other planter hole to give it an extra hold. IMG_1819.JPG IMG_1820.JPG IMG_1822.JPG

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Repairing a leak on an overflow I built that feeds two other tanks. This is why I put my overflows toward the front. This one is almost impossible to get to. Live and learn.IMG_1841.JPG

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
This is going too be tough. Im good at painting dark. Light colors will be a challenge, so will the size.IMG_1842.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store