my breeding pair of angelfish!

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
heres my angelfish, its been a month and a half or so now and their coming along. the tank is a little dirty because I had to move eggs out of my other tank (didnt expect to have to do). I had a time lapse but time lapses arent supported )=

IMG_6795.JPG IMG_6792.JPG IMG_6788.JPG IMG_6784.JPG

Reactions: GamerChick5567

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I may pick your brain about technique.
My angel pair have spawned twice now but with the loss of all eggs. first time I left the eggs in with parents and the eggs and wiggler fry all must have been eaten.
Second time I waited until they moved the wigglers the first time. I siphoned out a portion of the wigglers into a hastily set up tank. The eggs left with the parents were eventually gone again. The wigglers in the other tank seemed to be developing ok for several days. I think I misjudged and added food stock too soon and may have spoiled the water. Anyway none became free swimming. I have since cleaned the spare tank well and will try moving some of the eggs before they are eaten if the parents spawn again.

I also made some changes in a 55 gallon and moved the parents into that alone a few days ago. They are settling in fine. The plan was to put them in the 55 eventually as they grew.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
the first few times they spawn the eggs will probably die (it happened like 10 before I got it right) I wouldn't siphon them out most books recommend getting them to breed on a piece of Slate and than moving the piece of slate into a separate tank and you're supposed to not let them get out of the water but I think if you do it quickly its ok. I'm a big fan of letting the parents take care of their young, but Ive been concerned that if I did it the =y wouldnt be able to handle the daily water changes.

this batch of fry I :

moved the parents to a separate tank bc I didnt have a small tank for just the fry.
did daily water changes up to 50% each time (doing a little less now)
fed many times daily as many as I could
cleaned with airline tubing so I wouldn't suck out any fry

I probably did some other things too ill post later

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store