Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No rain here but it was seventy degrees today....beautiful day,not bad at all for February.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; saw something new to me today. I was diving along near Norris Lake. Saw what at first I thought was a large cloud of smoke over the water ahead and to the left. It was not the normal color of fire smoke however. As I passed thru the edge of it I could not detect an odor.

I drove on puzzled.

For my area it has been an unusual past few days. I washed my truck outside in mild 70 +F degrees yesterday. Today broke a temperature record at 79 F. Today was very sunny and with strong wind gusts. A fellow at a car dealership was concerned about their huge American flag which was giving off sonic snaps in the strong gusts. They planned to get it down.

As I drove along approaching a line of evergreen trees a strong gust struck them. I suddenly realized what the dust cloud had been. It was tree pollen being blown off the trees.

I knew the evergreens shed pollen in the spring but did not expect it in February. When I lived in North Carolina near Wilmington the pollen would coat a freshly washed car over night and turn it yellow, but not this early.

Some trees are in bloom today as well as some spring flowers. Forecast is for temps in the high 20's tomorrow night with bad storms late tonight. I am almost 70 years old and have not seen such a mild winter. A few warmish days here and there over the decades, but not strings of warm days like my area has had. Hope the storms tonight are not deadly.

Reactions: Hendre

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Just saw this news story. link follows. I am a bit uncertain about the details. Is it a girl who thinks she is a boy or is it a boy who thinks she is a girl. Anyway he/she won a state wrestling title.
If it is a natural born boy allowed to wrestle girls that seems very wrong on more than one level. If it is a natural born girl wrestling other girls then it may not be so bad except for the testosterone that may have enhanced strength.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...-championship/ar-AAnp4HH?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
if they identify as a girl then they can wrestle girls, whats the problem with that?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I guess he's not going to respond to the private conversation
Jeez. I say I'm busy then I log off and you act like a puppy with separation anxiety.
if they identify as a girl then they can wrestle girls, whats the problem with that?
The wrestler in the article was a transitioning male. If you've got a "male" wrestling true girls there's kind of an issue.

My friends brother made national new after he said no to wrestling a girl in the state tournament. https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....s-cassy-herkelman-girl-iowa/story?id=12948252

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't know about all of that but I heard that she-man Bruce Jenner's got his panties and bra all in a bundle over the president's stance on the school bathroom gender assignment....He told Trump to "call him" LOL!

Last edited:

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; First thing wrong being 17 year old "natural boys" can be and most often are bigger and stronger than "natural girls". That would make it unfair on a purely physical basis.

Next being you are what you are born as. Being born male or being born female is a biological fact, XX or XY mostly. A very few and rare XYY cases (These folks have a legit reason if in fact they seem different.). How someone "feels" about it does not change anything.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
The wrestler in the article was a transitioning male
Hello; So it is a girl wanting to be a boy?? I guess the testosterone shots may have been the edge in that case. Still seems unfair to the other girls who worked only with what nature gave them. ( Does lance Armstrong come to mind?)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
she-man Bruce Jenner's
hello; I am around Jenner's age. I watched on TV when he won the Olympic events. I was impressed and looked up to him. I even bought some Wheaties.
Do not have anything for him now, no respect - nothing. I doubt the president will ring him up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store