Post your Up & Comer

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Here's a couple of my little monsters I'm growing out. Bought a group of 5 red tiger motas. Only about .75-1" now. Also bought a little festae about a month ago he's pushing a whopping 1.5" now. And I also bought a group of 5 "istlanum".... pretty sure they're grammodes though. Happy either way! They're about 1.5-2". I also just got in some 3" deppi and some 2" salvinis. Both are still super shy right now but once they come out I'll get some pics. Enjoy =]

View attachment 1233221

View attachment 1233223

View attachment 1233224

View attachment 1233225
Yup you have a grammodes there. I'm supposed the deppii are shy and the grammodes aren't. It should be the other way around. The deppii will grow much faster than the others.
Nice pick ups and love them.

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
The deppi arrived in really rough shape. Split fins, scales missing, and just overall all 3 I got were beat up pretty badly. Plus the water was nasty by the time they got to me. They're still healing up but I'd imagine once they do, they'll be a little more outgoing. Once they come to I'll get some pics. The grammodes are always out and about. There's clearly one dominant male that has claimed a clay pot and hangs out around that a lot but other than that they are very active. I used to have a 6" male grammodes probably about 10 years ago and it was an awesome fish. Tons of personality

DarylMac

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
I just purchased a group of 5 Green Terrors. I am most excited about this Guy;
IMG_1874.JPG

At maybe 4" he is becoming the boss of the tank and getting really nice colours. I keep him with 3 suspected females and 1 suspected sub-dominant male. The plan is to eventually have a harem!

I tore down my tank, sold all my stock, set everything back up with new aquascaping, all so I could grow out a group of GT's.

Every time I watch the tank and see this guy I know it was worth it. And I'm glad I got the fish as unsexed juveniles rather than the stunning 6" fish I saw in my LFS. Growing them out is really fun.

Reiner

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2005
Los Angeles
my 80 gallon community / grow out tank
growing out 1 Synspilum 2", 1 EB Acara 2", 1 GT 2.5" and 1 Salvini 3"

all fish will be moved once they are about 5-6" into my 180 gallon tank

upload_2017-2-27_15-25-34.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com