Big Enthusiasts want a 10k gallon

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Hey to be fair the equipment and supplies I got for all my multiple freshwater tanks I've had over the years is probably worth more than my old 91 corolla ahahah. I'm a big spender for being a broke ass millennial! :p

Also if OP wants to afford his awesomely huge setup he just needs to sell his dog, his wife, his kids, and a kidney (or maybe both kidneys).

Hahahahaha!
And his soul

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
Done by atm all acrylic will be.... EXPENSIVE LOL...

I would look into FRP tanks like this other member has... Kellyn? 3,000 gallons

Also for perspective. I am planning on a new tank. I am taking qoutes from a local building company 5 minutes from my house, and one in Ohio which offers shipping to Blaine Washington.

He sent me pictures of a 10' X 4' X 40" bullnose tank... $20k used, just the tank no stand.so a 10k gallon all acrylic will be up there in price. Dimensions I'm looking to get for the tank are $7500,and dropping one foot in length and 4" in height it's $4500

Hope to see your dream come true :)
I'd caution you against the "builder in Ohio" if its who I think it is.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I'd caution you against the "builder in Ohio" if its who I think it is.
Rich? Lol

I ain't buying from there, just wanted to see comparisons of the states vs local builders, prob just gonna order from a local builder here

Les Martin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
You shouldn't just tease us like that L Les Martin ! Lets see some pics! You have all the dream toys for many of us lol
I've tried to upload some pics but for some reason I couldn't. I can't upload a jpeg ( keep getting an error. Is it a size problem ?) Tried to link to a photobucket account but as I don't have enough posts I'm not allowed to do that either. Finally I thought I'd try the media gallery option but I'm struggling to create an album....

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I've tried to upload some pics but for some reason I couldn't. I can't upload a jpeg ( keep getting an error. Is it a size problem ?) Tried to link to a photobucket account but as I don't have enough posts I'm not allowed to do that either. Finally I thought I'd try the media gallery option but I'm struggling to create an album....
I can't upload pictures firectly from my computer to MFK anymore. Using Photobucket, on the right side of your picture, under "SHARE THIS PHOTO" click on the IMG box (it briefly turns yellow), then paste to your post.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Les Martin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
I can't upload pictures firectly from my computer to MFK anymore. Using Photobucket, on the right side of your picture, under "SHARE THIS PHOTO" click on the IMG box (it briefly turns yellow), then paste to your post.
Yeah, I tried that but I need 6 posts apparently before I'm allowed. Two to go..... ;-)

Les Martin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
I don't normally like posting without adding anything meaningful but I'll just slip this one in then I can post some pictures (hopefully).

Les Martin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
Tank with Mitras Lightbar 2's fitted:

Dreambox. You can't see the RD3 return pump but the black box with the red digits is its DC Controller:

GHL Profilux 4 which controls the lights, temperature, monitors pH and conductivity. Yes, after spending all that money on equipment, that's an old paint can it's sitting on :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
High cost equipment, low cost solutions xD

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store