Is she pregnant?

rich81090

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2011
uk
Hi all, I was wondering if the people out there with more experience could tell me if my female is pregnant or not.

I know when she was in the smaller tank I saw the male try to do his thing but missed and just made the water cloudy. Since putting them in the bigger tank she still has the marks on her disk from the male but i haven't actually seen them at it if you would, neither have I noticed the water turn cloudy.

I have however notice that when she stays still her rear end is moving slightly and every now and then there is quite a sharp bump, this is something I dont observe at all in the other rays. I have also notice her colour lighten up, she used to be as dark as the other female you see in there, I know marbles change a lot so that could just be one of those things.

Sorry the videos are terrible, I can't upload higher quality as our internet is too poor, just as I could do with her sitting still she's constantly moving throughout.

If the videos is to rubbish I may have to go to a friends and upload a better one.

Last edited:

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Certainly looks like she could be. The only way to be 100% certain is via movement from the pups. Look for a "flutter", rolling or poke type movement. It is fairly unmistakable once you have seen it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store