America looks cooked

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
It sounds as if those jokers a bit resentful that your development probably sits where they used to hunt before the land was cleared...well too bad,that's life.They sure don't have any business walking around a housing development brandishing rifles.People like them make gun owners look bad.
Their excuse was they werent technically on our property but on the boarder. Didnt matter much to me

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Their excuse was they werent technically on our property but on the boarder. Didnt matter much to me
It does not sound as if it matters,they were too close....I mean what if a deer came sprinting between two homes...would they have taken up positions and started firing? It would have been the same if they were a few yards away from the homes and a deer happened by with the houses as a backdrop.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
It does not sound as if it matters,they were too close....I mean what if a deer came sprinting between two homes...would they have taken up positions and started firing? It would have been the same if they were a few yards away from the homes and a deer happened by with the houses as a backdrop.
Right or if they tripped and had an accidental discharge plus two of them were carrying slung over there shoulders barrle pointed up. Thats all i needed to see

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Been following the thread for a few days. Maybe I missed some bits so will summarize the events as I follow them.
Some people, likely hunters, were on property next to a housing development property but not on the housing development property. The hunters had long guns on their shoulders pointing to the sky and not at anyone.

Folks living in the housing development (hd) confronted the hunters. Including a forum member. This is where there are some gaps. Don't know what the hunters were doing. Were they shooting? Were they just walking along? Were they on their own property?

The description of the hd leads me to think it is in a rural area that may have been farm land at some point. At least not in a town or city. If so it is very likely there are not the sort of restrictions on shooting and/or hunting folks from a town are use to.

I live in a semi rural spot. Have a twenty some acre pasture next door where some black angus cattle graze. From time to time I hear gunshots from not far away. Part of living away fro towns I guess. I see folks with guns from time to time. In my particular stretch, near a main road, I think cars/trucks kill more deer than hunters.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; Been following the thread for a few days. Maybe I missed some bits so will summarize the events as I follow them.
Some people, likely hunters, were on property next to a housing development property but not on the housing development property. The hunters had long guns on their shoulders pointing to the sky and not at anyone.

Folks living in the housing development (hd) confronted the hunters. Including a forum member. This is where there are some gaps. Don't know what the hunters were doing. Were they shooting? Were they just walking along? Were they on their own property?

The description of the hd leads me to think it is in a rural area that may have been farm land at some point. At least not in a town or city. If so it is very likely there are not the sort of restrictions on shooting and/or hunting folks from a town are use to.

I live in a semi rural spot. Have a twenty some acre pasture next door where some black angus cattle graze. From time to time I hear gunshots from not far away. Part of living away fro towns I guess. I see folks with guns from time to time. In my particular stretch, near a main road, I think cars/trucks kill more deer than hunters.
Yes im the forum member lol

No the rifles were not pointed at me, they said they were hunting rabbits. Must be a 20 acre lot next to our development.

I often hear gun shots early in the mornimg and have no issues with it. 50 yards away from where my kids are playing is a problem.

Carrying rifles on their shoulders, fingers near the trigger gaurd walking through brush not 50 yards away from people (closer if you count my neighbors yards/houses is not safely operating a fire arm. Regardless of the laws my kids safety comes first

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
rifles were not pointed at me, they said they were hunting rabbits
Hello; Most likely shotguns if they were after rabbits.
Carrying rifles on their shoulders, fingers near the trigger gaurd walking through brush
hello; That is one way to safely carry. That being a finger near but outside the trigger guard. Also the muzzle was pointed in a safe direction.

Regardless of the laws my kids safety comes first
Hello; I get your concern. Not sure you can stop folks from hunting in your area. Hunters may be the safer of gun carrying folks around. They take safety courses. They have to work out how to hunt in groups without a muzzle crossing over someone. Rabbit hunters may use dogs and have to be aware so as to not shoot them.

Not sure of your background but I take it you recently moved out into what may be called the country. Have some of those type housing developments around here. A land owner dies or cannot make it by farming anymore. The land often sold at auction and/or divided into lots as the individual lots bring in a bigger total than when the land is sold as a whole.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; Most likely shotguns if they were after rabbits.

hello; That is one way to safely carry. That being a finger near but outside the trigger guard. Also the muzzle was pointed in a safe direction.

Hello; I get your concern. Not sure you can stop folks from hunting in your area. Hunters may be the safer of gun carrying folks around. They take safety courses. They have to work out how to hunt in groups without a muzzle crossing over someone. Rabbit hunters may use dogs and have to be aware so as to not shoot them.

Not sure of your background but I take it you recently moved out into what may be called the country. Have some of those type housing developments around here. A land owner dies or cannot make it by farming anymore. The land often sold at auction and/or divided into lots as the individual lots bring in a bigger total than when the land is sold as a whole.
Fingers shouldnt be wrapped around trigger gaurd barrel pointed up. Barrel should either be on target or pointed towards the ground. Especially when walking on uneven ground. Even more so when your maybe 50 feet from someones house (neighbors home)

If the guys were to fall forward or backward and have an accidental dischared with the barrel point towards the sky the round could potentially hit someone. If it were point towards the ground it would reduce the chances greatly

No im pretty sure they were rifles, and im also pretty sure they were hunting deer as they are often in the area.

Oh i will and have already succeeded in stoping them from hunting so close to our homes/development and have no plans to stop. Wife also was worried about this happening again and me hurting one of these guys and getting in trouble or being on the wrong side of this arguement (legally), she apparently found out that they need to be 100 yards from a development 50 yards with a bow.

Im sure plenty of them take classes but that doesnt mean the classes THESE guys took were very good.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
most states have a minimum distance law. I'd look it up and if they come back again that close call your game commission and ask them to measure from where they are.

EDIT didn't read far enough, I see your wife took care of that.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store