smooth hound tank

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
Feet, Yes. Inches, hell no. not for any decent amount of time anyway.
ROFL, my bad. i just realised i responded on instinct as if you were talking in metric not imperial.

120" x 72" x 36" would suit a male grey smoothhound his entire lifespan. and a female most of hers. but females do grow slightly longer and quite a bit bulkier than the males and she would probably get cramped within 2 or 3 years.

Reactions: M@T!@$

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
ROFL, my bad. i just realised i responded on instinct as if you were talking in metric not imperial.

120" x 72" x 36" would suit a male grey smoothhound his entire lifespan. and a female most of hers. but females do grow slightly longer and quite a bit bulkier than the males and she would probably get cramped within 2 or 3 years.
Cat shark/ port jacksons would work

Biomatic

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015

would a stingray get along with a smooth hound

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
No - a 120" x 72" x 36" tank would be too small for an adult Gray Smooth hound. To keep an adult Gray Smooth hound - I would suggest the tank/pond should be at least 10-12 feet in diameter, with a depth of 36" . Which would be a volume of 1,750-2,500 gallons.

Stephen Clark

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I have video of smooth hounds from the east coast (NJ). I haven't posted enough times to post a link but if you search smooth dogfish adult vs pup it should show up. If not let me know I will post a link in a few days. The ones here prefer warm water.

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
Your dimensions are much better than the 300 or less gallons that most of the smoothhounds seem start out in and it's great you're asking about it before getting one first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store