Northfin jumbo 4mm or Hikari Bio gold plus

InfamousFH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2017
Bronx,NY
I have been feeding Hikari Bio gold plus(medium pellet) for a long time now, but recently picked up a bag of NorthFin Jumbo 4mm pellet( alittle not on the small size). After a week in I'm thinking about going back to The Hikari medium pellet just cause I prefer that size pellet over the 4mm Northfin. Curious what you guys think? Which do you prefer?

Johnny1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2017
I'll go with Grand Sumo or chingmix if you can afford it, if not, Hikari will do

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Never used north fin. I use hikari with all my larger cichlids and they love it. I feed my FH bio gold and it really seemed to make his colors pop compared to gold being his staple.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I switched from hikari bio gold to north fin. Everyone raves NF so I will use it for a few months to see any changes. ALSO NF has SUPERIOR ingredients and little to no fillers unless hikari its mainly fillers.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
NF tends to have a more impressive ingredient list than the Hikari BG+, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's best for the application. I like bio gold + pellets for my oscar because it reduces waste. That benefit alone is a winner for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store