Ordering Delhezis today!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Do you do anything with your plants/quarentine etc. before putting them in the tank?
lol @ "the plant pusher" ;)
I do. I bleached the water lettuce when i got it. 1 part bleach to 19 parts water then soaked in safe/water. Also qt'd them for a few days.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Pick up some tetra safe start. Works really good. Do you use a dechlorinator after wc's ? If so you have to wait 24 hrs (i think maybe 48) after using it to does the safestart. Shake the bottle like crazy then add it.

Did you fill the tank up half way and let it sit then finish filling later ? May be just a water line try rubbing it off
Didn't think of that. I did fill it half way and I left it for a day like that until I got my canister installed. I'll try that.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nice photos :)

I'm liking the cichlids, the only west African cichlids big enough for my plans are Jewels and those things are maniacs. I'm worried kribs will get eaten lol

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
way off topic but I was looking around mfk and discovered Hoplerythrinus unitaeniatus (gold wolf fish) and I need to be talked out of getting one. Jeff rapps has a 8-9" lol...

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Thanks for the pics!

Nice photos :)

I'm liking the cichlids, the only west African cichlids big enough for my plans are Jewels and those things are maniacs. I'm worried kribs will get eaten lol
Are kribs smaller than jewels? I've seen some pretty big ones. If you stick with upper jaws I'd think they'd be fine.... ? Maybe I'm wrong.

I didn't realize you were localizing to West Africa. I would assume that only some bichirs live in that part of Africa too?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store