Meanest most aggressive fish for a 75

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
hi everyone i have had planted community tanks all my life and i want something aggressive and exiting so i bought a 75 gal and i want it to have either 1 monster a pair of smaller monsters any any all suggestions are welcome thx

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I believe a 75 gal aquarium is only large enough for a pair of 7.5" fish when adults.
To me a couple "aggressive" cichlids that fit your criteria, might be a pair of T salvini.
The problem in a small tank like 75 gal, with a pair of fish, is an aggressive male will likely kill the female, or visa versa if the female is dominant.
You may not consider salvini monster fish, but monster fish need monster tanks, and in comparison a 75 gal tank, is a puddle.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
You can do a single wetpet/bruiser in a 75 as long as you keep up with maintenance.

Flowerhorn
Midevils
Motas
Trimacs
Cuban pair
Grammodes pair
Loisellei
Green Terror pair
Jack Dempsey pair
Female Red Terror
Female Jag
Black Nasty
Beanie

Etc.

There are lots to choose from. Just try to stay away from stuff that'll hit 16"+ and you should be fine for a solitary glass banger.

Again, smaller tank means you have to keep up with water changes or your fish' health will suffer and the growth will be stunted. It'll be better if you could switch that 75 out for a 6' tank.

Reactions: Tomt37

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
One flowerhorn will be ur best bet in a 75gal..

They are really aggressive and active.

If u are ok with feeding live food, once it get bigger, u can feed it with centipede, frog, cricket, lizard, and small fishes once in a while..but quarantine them first.. however, many in this forum will disagree with it.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Pair of green spotted puffers, high fin wolf fish, male red istlanum, elongatus piranha (if legal)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store