Missing Moderator checking in!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Hey there MFK, I just wanted to drop in quick to say hi and give y'all an update on myself.

I've been supremely busy out in the real world, and I've had both good and bad things popping up in my life to keep me occupied. I keep trying to find my way back to the community, but it's hard to participate in discussion when you don't actually have a tank and aren't participating in the hobby (at least it is for me anyway).

Let's start with the good.

Well, the last sentence of the previous paragraph isn't entirely true anymore. I've actually got my 150 set back up and cycled with a few either fish swimming around, but I'm unlikely to be able to flesh that tank out any time soon. More on that in a bit.

I've recently participated in a graduate program with the University of Florida to gain a certification as an environmentalist educator, something they call the Master Naturalist program. Honestly, I find this name somewhat unfortunate because I have recently discovered that in some areas that naturalist is the name for a nudist. I can assure you, that is not the case here!

I have also succeeded in purchasing five acres of land with the goal of building a home. It'll likely be something small and humble, but actually owning my own place is a big step in getting back into the hobby. Baby steps!

Finally, time for the bad news. I have recently been diagnosed with cancer. I'm going to have to have surgery and radiation sooner rather than later, which will have the unfortunate effect of further delaying my return to the hobby.

Even though I'm not here very often, I'd still love to be connected with my MFK family. Please feel free to connect with me over on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/chicxulub.rob

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
You have way bigger things going on than this forum. Good luck with the home and get well soon.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Best wishes and you'll be cured asap!

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
There are things more important than the hobby, few as they may be. Good luck and a speedy recovery mate.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
All the best for you.
Family!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Best of luck brother you've got this. I'm down to one nut because of the cancer, but I'm still the same cranky bastard!

Much support. Stay positive. Stress is the enemy :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store