What different type of Jardini exist

Charliea36

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2017
I currently saw a cross back Jardini going for sale on aquabid. They are selling for 350. To me it looks like a Jardini in a lighted tank.

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
I currently saw a cross back Jardini going for sale on aquabid. They are selling for 350. To me it looks like a Jardini in a lighted tank.
Only one type of Jardini. These people will use any descriptions to make the ad stand out and further confuse the buyer. It's all marketing terms..meaningless as far as I am concern. There are morphs but no separate Jardini lines.

Reactions: Dee eng and azura

Charliea36

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2017
What makes these morphed happen. Is it the lighting in the tank or back ground color? I've seen and heard of a platinum Jar. Golden Jar and now I'm hearing of a cross back?

Reactions: rubencito

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Crossback is a term for red tail golden Asian Arowana. Meaning the gold foil goes up the entire body and crosses the back. Sign of a high quality fish.

Completely meaningless when used on Jardini. Like chaos said just garbage marketing language to confuse you.

Of the standard Jardini there are albino and leucistic, platinum, etc morphs but they're still Jardini.

There's another species of Arowana from Australia called Leichardti. Looks fairly similar. Less aggressive.

The ad is just a really expensive Jardini imo

Reactions: Charliea36

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
Crossback is a term for red tail golden Asian Arowana. Meaning the gold foil goes up the entire body and crosses the back. Sign of a high quality fish.

Completely meaningless when used on Jardini. Like chaos said just garbage marketing language to confuse you.

Of the standard Jardini there are albino and leucistic, platinum, etc morphs but they're still Jardini.

There's another species of Arowana from Australia called Leichardti. Looks fairly similar. Less aggressive.

The ad is just a really expensive Jardini imo
Actually Crossback cannot be applied to RTG or Red Tail Golden. RTG gold scales only extend to 4th row and Hiback Red Tail Golden to the 5th row. RTG originates from Indonesia and High Back is a crossbreed. Crossback refers to gold Aros originating from Malaysia and the gold scales on good specimens will cross aka extending to the 6th row of scales.

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
What makes these morphed happen. Is it the lighting in the tank or back ground color? I've seen and heard of a platinum Jar. Golden Jar and now I'm hearing of a cross back?
The effect can be lighting or environment induced but there are natural morphs that sometimes produce unique fishes but these are at best classified as anomalies nothing more. There is by nature only one type of Jardini. Anything else is either marketing tools like what has been used in the Discus trade or nature morphs that occur sometimes.

For example, a Jardini that exhibits a platinum hue, the seller will try to emphasise this in hopes of a higher selling price and to give the buyer a sense of rarity. The fish itself could keep its morph but it could also loose the "effect" when introduced to a new environment hence it could be a temporary thing and the buyer could be severely disappointed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store