C. grammodes - new to CA

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Wow these are gorgeous.. Never seen their colours like that before... Might have to start keeping them. I hear they're not a very large species.

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Beautiful pair! I've got a group of 4 between 2-3" (1m 3f) and I really hope if mine pair up they look half as good as yours!

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I picked up a group of 6 two inch juvies at an American Cichlid Assn convention a few years back, and grew them out in a 75 gal. A pair formed and they killed the others.

The pair spawned a number of times before the male killed the female, in hind sight I should have moved them to a larger tank. Even though they grew slowly and are not as massive as cichlids of the genus Parachromis, they are quite territorial, and don't play well with other cichlids unless in a very large tank.

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks.

I have an empty Tank and some other tanks with smaler fish where i could put them.
But at the moment i does not look like its necessary. Its more the other way round. The HRP are trying to breed and were beating the grammodes female a lot. For a few days i was worried she might not get enough food. The HRP male ist beating its own female too. So its good that he now finds some distraction in the grammode male.

The grammodes male is very soft with the HRP. They try to get him away from their coconut. An he just stands in front of them and shows of a little. But no biting.

Grammodes standing in front of the HRPs coconut (right corner)
Chiapaheros_grammodes_Santo_Domingo_24_800x533.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store