My bold prediction.. Asian Arowanas will be legal in USA

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
In a move that I now regret I sold my biggest indo but my next two on the size scale are coming along nicely.How have you been?
I'm happy to hear the younger two are developing well. moving is always a pain, hopefully once settled it will be worth it. Things have been well no complaints out here. Still looking for a monster ST but not all dreams come true :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm happy to hear the younger two are developing well. moving is always a pain, hopefully once settled it will be worth it. Things have been well no complaints out here. Still looking for a monster ST but not all dreams come true :)
I'm not sure if you were aware but Monsteraquarium had some pretty recently.....for about the price of a used car.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
What! I'll have to check that out, although I'll probably save the cash and keep my indos!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What! I'll have to check that out, although I'll probably save the cash and keep my indos!
Yep,six grand if I'm not mistaken.I would love to have another pulcher but I can't justify dropping six stacks on one.
I did not move as in relocating,I was referring to the move that I made in selling my big indo.I always suffer seller's remorse after letting one of my flock go lol.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Make Asian Aro LEGAL! We need a pro Bono Lawyer / hobbyist to take on the fight for us! lol

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
Still crossing my Fingers!

Lionel Wright

Feeder Fish
Mar 26, 2017
I'm new here but followed this with interest. I created a petition to the White House to allow the importation and sale of captive bred Asian arowanas. Share with as many people as you can, and maybe we can get this allowed.

https:// petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-importation-and-sale-farm-raised-or-captive-bred-asian-arowanas-scleropages-formosus

Skalper666

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
NS, Canada
I always figured that arowanas were perceived as an invasive species for US waterways and that's why they were banned. Is that not part of the reason? They are legal in canada but if they were released into the waterways here... good luck surviving.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I always figured that arowanas were perceived as an invasive species for US waterways and that's why they were banned. Is that not part of the reason? They are legal in canada but if they were released into the waterways here... good luck surviving.
The potential for the Asian Arowana becoming an invasive is not the concern for the powers that be.It's inclusion in the Lacey Act and CITES listing is where the issue lies.

Reactions: Skalper666
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store