SILLIEST thing you have ever done as a beginner!

THE X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2017
Not keeping a bare bottom tank
had a baby silver aro in a 10 gallon tank with a pile of lava rock for my bichirs. one day i i see that hes gone and i check every where out side only to see dead stuck in the rocks :(

THE X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2017
had a baby silver aro in a 10 gallon tank with a pile of lava rock for my bichirs. one day i i see that hes gone and i check every where out side only to see dead stuck in the rocks :(

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
That sucks. I had that happen twice, once a bala shark and once a clown loach. It was bad both times.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Trusting my husband to take care of my office betta while I was on vacation. The water was so cloudy when I returned that I couldn't see the betta. Turned out the betta wasn't there, he had died under my husband's care. Guess he thought I wouldn't notice...

Draconis Slade

Feeder Fish
May 12, 2017
Well, my son put my pacu in his community tank, mind you he was 5 he asked if "pacfish" can come play with his fish. I gave him the go ahead ... While I was sleeping. The poor fish lasted only about an hour. the wife woke me up and told me what happened. I was baffled on how he put my 11 inch pacu in his 5g tank. He and i now laugh at the experience.

Meicalnissyen

Feeder Fish
May 19, 2017
Put a pacu in a 10 gallon tank for a while. No idea what he was or anything and I was maybe 10. My dad eventually got me a 55 gallon and put him in there. I still remember the petsmart guy telling me it'll be fine in a 10 gallon lol
hahahahaha, I did that one as well !

"daddy, I want a fishy tank like you!"
ok son,
and I want this fishy, the one with the red belly..................

(I was a reefer at the time, knew dick about FW, sure the little tag said 22", but itll never live that long, right?)
from the 10 to a 20, then into my old bow front plexi 50
few years later we move out of state, oh boy
tried the alkaseltzer trick, narc him up, had to lift vertically because of the top plate on the plexi, up and out, straight head first into a bucket, off to the pet store, thrashing about like crazy

where he became part of the storefront display tank

Reactions: J. H.

Rossy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
Austin
overfilling a fish tank with a crayfish that can easily jump out of a 10 gallon.

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India
While i was in school time, we have put heater which is not automatic in the rainy season at night. The next day morning water boils and lost all of my fish. Except only one white molly who was in the critical stage. But the shopkeeper said that the heater is automatic and it will maintain the temperature.

Aquatank

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 30, 2017
california
aquatank134.wixsite.com
Hey guys this is a silly mistake that me and my brother did
Our dad is into fishtank a and the time when I was 7 and my brother was 5.
At that time we had a 125 gal. tank with a pair of red devil's and they had spawned and the fry were very small, so we both decided that what if the baby fish needed some milk if their mom ran out of it so we poured milk in the aquarium thinking that the baby fish will grow quickly and will become strong.
We both were so happy and felt pretty proud of what we did, Both Mom and Dad we at work when dad arrived at home we welcomed him home and told him that the fry will be very healthy and we had taken good care of them the whole day he was at work and then we told him that we feed them milk.
The rest is history and we still remember that day and laughed that what had we done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store