Discus Craigslist Ad

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'll go with uniformed. Haha
That seems surprising to me because discus are so expensive(coming from someone that's never spent more then $25 on a fish) I would think they would have done a ton of research beforehand.

Winfield92

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2017
Nomad
I've seen breeding setups with just the pair in smaller tanks, but it certainly does sound like the seller is misinformed.

"We will include the water that is currently in the aquarium so it will not need to be cycled and the discus can be put back in the aquarium."

:confused:

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I'll go with uniformed. Haha
That seems surprising to me because discus are so expensive(coming from someone that's never spent more then $25 on a fish) I would think they would have done a ton of research beforehand.
It's also interesting that they don't look too bad, at least based on the picture. Granted I know nothing about discus.

I don't think the tank is 44" tall either haha

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I use 29's for breeding discus, but would never have another discus with a pair...sure fire recipe for disaster!! Makes me question that there is really a pair. A proven pair sells for $500+ so if they are it's a steal!! I just learned a new way to measure tanks too...floor to top of tank! I'm gonna have to recalculate all my tank volumes!!

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I use 29's for breeding discus, but would never have another discus with a pair...sure fire recipe for disaster!! Makes me question that there is really a pair. A proven pair sells for $500+ so if they are it's a steal!! I just learned a new way to measure tanks too...floor to top of tank! I'm gonna have to recalculate all my tank volumes!!
I was thinking that, might be worth it if they are indeed a pair.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Haha, yeah I thought it was interesting they gave the measurement from the floor to the top of the tank.
I'm guessing they have only had them as long as they have had that aquarium. I too would question if that is really a breeding pair. And if they have spawned for that owner. Likely just something they were told and will pass onto the next person.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
If they bought 3 discus and got a pair out of the three, they are quite possibly the luckiest person on the planet!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store