What's your most hated fish?

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
Everyone always talk about what their favorite fish is and whatnot, but no one ever talks about fish that they least like.

I'll start. My least favorite fish is probably the red terrors. They have caused so much problems for me in the past....

There was a power outtage when I went away on break during the winter, and needless to say I wasn't that upset...

20161127_183000.jpg

Reactions: GamerChick5567

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I don't hate any fish. However, when I was a kid, I was constantly POed at those sunfish that would shred my nightcrawler bait when I was trying to catch bass. Nowadays, I have no ill will against those pesky sunfish, As a matter of fact, I have a pumpkinseed as a pet

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have something of a love/hate relationship with my dats.They are awesome when they are out and about but then there those times when they are at their moody worst and they will simply lay around and sulk for a few days.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Convicts, they just never stop. Also catfish in general excluding the tigs. They'll eat everything if they could and are super boring.
I hate my male convict. Big and pretty (cept his ol' ratty tail, never healed right, he was super beat up when I got him) but he tries to kill any plant that dare touches his precious substrate. Most other plants come out salvageable, at least he just nips them, eats the delicate leaves, or rips them up so I can replant those. Except java ferns. THE CARNAGE. He terminates those with extreme prejudice compared to the other ones. He wrecked my 4 year old huge one and several baby ones when I moved him in the 90, I WAS PISSEEEDD. He didn't even eat them. That's how he repays me for rescuing his sorry ass and giving him a wife? Jerk.

Oh and he sometimes draws blood when he bites me. Every time I get in the tank to do something. Sometimes even when there are no babies.

TBH I wonder who would win between him and my salvini? I bet my male salvini would chicken out. :eek:

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Plecos. It doesn't matter what species you get, they're all full of crap.
Hahah true that. If I don't vacuum the tank 2x a week or every time I feed them a cucumber the whole bottom looks grodey. one of my hygrophila plants is doing pretty good though, the poop gathers in a little rock area where it grows and I guess that's why the growth has really taken off even with no root tab there. Hard to vacuum it there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store