What the hell!!!!!!!

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I swear my bichirs just like to mess with my head. My last set of polys would go ape over any kind of worm to the point of fighting over them and ripping them to shreds but the ones I have now well that is a different story. I have put nightcrawlers in the tank several times and every single time I end up fishing them out unless I chop them into tiny pieces which I have a hard time doing both mentally and physically. 2 days ago I put one in the tank and they actually took it under the driftwood and 2 minutes later they brought it back out and dropped it at the front of the tank and it was flattened like a car had run it over. Today I got some red wigglers and when I tried feeding them to the polys they ignored them even when the damn worms were climbing on their head what the hell

The last time I kept bichirsfood fight.JPG

Tommy the Teug hanging out with his new buddy the worm named "EAT ME DAMN IT!!!!"tommy and his worm 1.jpg tommy and his worm 2.jpg

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Oh did I mention the safest place for the newborn mollies and guppies are in the damn bichir tank what the hell!!! I move them into a "Safer tank" without anything over 2" they don't last a day but oh no leave them with the big bad predators and they are completely safe SMH!!!

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Finicky guys at times, my bichirs have never been fond of worms. Gobies and catfish different matter

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Silly polys!

Can you just chop them in half? I think when they're whole they don't smell as much so are harder for them to find. That's been my experience at least.

To make it less sad, I put the worms in a shallow dish with water and snip with scissors randomly. Then drop into the tank. Less brutal then doing it individually.

Good luck! :)

LOL at the pic of the Teug with the worm buddy...

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I bet jf you starve them for a few days things will change.

Nonr of my polys were ever fond of carnivore or massivore so who knows

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I swear my bichirs just like to mess with my head. My last set of polys would go ape over any kind of worm to the point of fighting over them and ripping them to shreds but the ones I have now well that is a different story. I have put nightcrawlers in the tank several times and every single time I end up fishing them out unless I chop them into tiny pieces which I have a hard time doing both mentally and physically. 2 days ago I put one in the tank and they actually took it under the driftwood and 2 minutes later they brought it back out and dropped it at the front of the tank and it was flattened like a car had run it over. Today I got some red wigglers and when I tried feeding them to the polys they ignored them even when the damn worms were climbing on their head what the hell

The last time I kept bichirsView attachment 1247718

Tommy the Teug hanging out with his new buddy the worm named "EAT ME DAMN IT!!!!"View attachment 1247719 View attachment 1247720
Tommy and his worm bff. Maybe they just get each other :rolleyes: that's funny as heck

Ps totally understand the frustration chopping things up to pieces. I can't barely chop things into the size of my finger nails. But then they are still the size of the poly's head or bigger.o_O Can't imagine how a worm or nightcrawler would be.

Maybe they are still full from the other food?

Reactions: twentyleagues

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Silly polys!

Can you just chop them in half? I think when they're whole they don't smell as much so are harder for them to find. That's been my experience at least.

To make it less sad, I put the worms in a shallow dish with water and snip with scissors randomly. Then drop into the tank. Less brutal then doing it individually.

Good luck! :)

LOL at the pic of the Teug with the worm buddy...
If I ever do worms, will try this way. That definitely doesn't sound as bad or as gross. Thanks for the tip.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I had a timor moniter that I was trying to nurse back to health, had been badly burned by previous owners carelessness. I had to puree pinky mice and crickets and force feed it with a syringe. Talk about gross. If I didn't get all down its throat it would violently shake it head side to side and spit it every where. Nothing like puree o mousy cricket goo in your face. Worms aint no thang but a chicken wing!

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I had a timor moniter that I was trying to nurse back to health, had been badly burned by previous owners carelessness. I had to puree pinky mice and crickets and force feed it with a syringe. Talk about gross. If I didn't get all down its throat it would violently shake it head side to side and spit it every where. Nothing like puree o mousy cricket goo in your face. Worms aint no thang but a chicken wing!
That is gross:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store