Hi from Down Under

DEAN KOSTER

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2017
Hey everyone!

My name is Dean and I'm from Australia. I used to keep and breed lots of different cichlids about 20 years ago, and have recently got back into the hobby again.

It all recently started when my wife bought me a little 4 foot tank. That was last month... Since then I bought 2 6 by 2 by 2 tanks. I finished building the stands about a week ago and have almost got them both up and running. The plan is to have one tank full of African fish, and the other full of American fish. The 4 foot tank is currently empty and will soon be a reef tank.

I used a lot of info from this site when I was setting up the tanks, so thank you all for your help!

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Hey everyone!

My name is Dean and I'm from Australia. I used to keep and breed lots of different cichlids about 20 years ago, and have recently got back into the hobby again.

It all recently started when my wife bought me a little 4 foot tank. That was last month... Since then I bought 2 6 by 2 by 2 tanks. I finished building the stands about a week ago and have almost got them both up and running. The plan is to have one tank full of African fish, and the other full of American fish. The 4 foot tank is currently empty and will soon be a reef tank.

I used a lot of info from this site when I was setting up the tanks, so thank you all for your help!
I see how it is...lurk and use all our info THEN make an account...haha

welcome to MFK. what American fish are you planning on putting in your tanks?

DEAN KOSTER

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2017
Yeah mate, that's how it is

As for my American tank, at the moment I have a couple Jack Dempseys, a couple Convicts, 4 Silver dollars and 3 Braziliensis. Not sure what else I'll get yet.

Can anyone tell me why my profile has my real name? I'm sure I chose a nickname when I registered...

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Yeah mate, that's how it is

As for my American tank, at the moment I have a couple Jack Dempseys, a couple Convicts, 4 Silver dollars and 3 Braziliensis. Not sure what else I'll get yet.

Can anyone tell me why my profile has my real name? I'm sure I chose a nickname when I registered...
That'll make for an angry tank lol.

you sir put your name in your screen name spot lol.

DEAN KOSTER

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2017
Lol

Do you know if it's possible to change it, or do I need to re-register? It's been a long day...

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
HarleyK HarleyK can you guys help him with that? I don't know whats possible.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Lol

Do you know if it's possible to change it, or do I need to re-register? It's been a long day...
Pharaoh Pharaoh ?@UnstoppableJayD ?

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
ya sorry if I picked the wrong mod Harley, I just saw you were the only one on lol.
No worries. I'm really just a fish guy. No idea about the inner software works. I just click the buttons I know. Lol
but: I know the guys who're the experts!

Reactions: predatorkeeper87
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store