Green Terror won't poop normally...

TomWronski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2016
Almost two weeks since the last post and he is starting to show signs of aggression and will eat tiny bits at a time. I am wondering if there is some kind of inflammation that makes him spit food out.
He will eat one or two live mealworms, no pellets yet. He loves to eat fish but they get spit out after being chewed on for awhile.
I know people say not to use feeders but I treat them for disease for a few days beforehand.

I just did a big water change and now he seems more aggressive, but is flashing a little and did some violent shaking. It looked like a crazy spasm that started in the tail, not head like he was flaring at me.

Any idea what else I can do? Should i just be patient? Some of the poop is solid matter now and it is stringy rather than before where it was solid but clear.

I was thinking a salt bath?

TomWronski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2016
Almost two weeks since the last post and he is starting to show signs of aggression and will eat tiny bits at a time. I am wondering if there is some kind of inflammation that makes him spit food out.
He will eat one or two live mealworms, no pellets yet. He loves to eat fish but they get spit out after being chewed on for awhile.
I know people say not to use feeders but I treat them for disease for a few days beforehand.

I just did a big water change and now he seems more aggressive, but is flashing a little and did some violent shaking. It looked like a crazy spasm that started in the tail, not head like he was flaring at me.

Any idea what else I can do? Should i just be patient? Some of the poop is solid matter now and it is stringy rather than before where it was solid but clear.

I was thinking a salt bath?

TomWronski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2016
Salt bath seemed to help. It could just be my imagination, but within a day he is eating more than 3/4 a feeder fish and pooping almost normally.

Tomt37

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2017
Feeder fish could be the problem .. carry diseases and not that nutritional and people tend to pick fish that are way too big... have you tried giving him pellets for a while

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store