last time you had no tank?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
My mother kept tanks before I was born. My first word was "ish". I don't know when the fish stopped being my mother's and became mine. I can't beat Oddball because I had a few months recently between a complete tank crash and I was able to set up again. I currently have 2 tanks. My max was 3.

CaptainBirdsEye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Blimey! Had a goldfish "6 month special" tank as a kid. Became a spider hutch.......

Then March 2005, I'm back into Fishkeeping and I've been suffering multi tank syndrome ever since.
Never had 40 tanks!
I look after a decent size 6x2x2 off site plus my own fish house. Currently I've more empty than full!
But I still have 3 tanks with fish (+1 with fish in process of being removed)
Maybe I'm adopting another at the weekend........
I think 7 +3 off site was the most I tackled, all display for our pets.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Tanks? A couple years that I've had my own. Before that it was always helping my mom take care of the family goldfish. One I claimed as my own. My mom has kept a pond since I was a kid. So fish were inside in the winter and outside in the summer.

I was thrilled when my husband and I got a country home so I could finally have a pond. That was three years ago. Now we have the out door pond, an indoor pool for our koi and Goldie's that we can't bear risking them outside again, and two tanks for my tropical fish. If I had more room I'd have more tanks. Haha
Fish only became a big interest to me when I realized there was so much more to fish keeping then throwing them in a tank or pond and praying they don't die.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I had a couple in the 80's but lost interest until around 5 yrs ago. Made a trip to the Georgia aquarium and when I got home decided it would be nice to set up a 10 gallon for the kids. Within 2yrs I had 15 or so tanks running and my kids could care less about them.

Reactions: Chub_by

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I got my first aquarium around 1998, when I was 3 years old. There's only been one period of about a year or two when I didn't have at least one aquarium running, and it was because my sister and I wanted to get hamsters when I was like 12 or 13 (so that'd be 2007-2008), and my parents said that I couldn't have both, so I had to take down my 55 gallon aquarium if I wanted to keep hamsters. We had two dwarf hamsters, until one of them cannibalized the other, and then I went back to keeping fish. Lol.

So out of 19 years, there were only 1-2 years when I didn't have an aquarium.

Last edited:

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Dang I'm getting old. I guess I started around 10 and the only time ive never had a tank was for a year during a divorce 8 yrs ago. 24yrs Ive been doing this. Even traveling all over the place I always kept 1 tank and sent home money for supplies. This past year is the first time I've set up a tank under 75g in 14yrs.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Dang I'm getting old. I guess I started around 10 and the only time ive never had a tank was for a year during a divorce 8 yrs ago. 24yrs Ive been doing this. Even traveling all over the place I always kept 1 tank and sent home money for supplies. This past year is the first time I've set up a tank under 75g in 14yrs.
Same deal with me. I went about 6 months without a tank, when i split with my ex. About 5 years ago. Other then that i have always had atleast 1 or 2 going minimum

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store