Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Nice pattern how big is he ? When do you think he'll be released ?
Well he's on good behavior. He's only eating blackworms atm though. He had me worried. I'm gonna fatten him up a bit then try to get him on pellets. He might be 3 inches maybe. I put the palmas in the overhead sump he's eating everything so we are good there but size wise still cant be in gen pop.

he looks like he is doing hard time in juvie
It's protective custody. Once he's eating all the things he can go in the overhead with his buddy palmas. I know it looks harsh but I've had Golddust, one of the dels, the moke all in there on arrival. Golddust was there the longest but he's a dainty eater, so slow grower. Doesn't seem to hurt them at all so far.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Well he's on good behavior. He's only eating blackworms atm though. He had me worried. I'm gonna fatten him up a bit then try to get him on pellets. He might be 3 inches maybe. I put the palmas in the overhead sump he's eating everything so we are good there but size wise still cant be in gen pop.

It's protective custody. Once he's eating all the things he can go in the overhead with his buddy palmas. I know it looks harsh but I've had Golddust, one of the dels, the moke all in there on arrival. Golddust was there the longest but he's a dainty eater, so slow grower. Doesn't seem to hurt them at all so far.
His buddy Polli... ;)

Looking good!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Nothing major to update, just the "getting more comfortable over time" thing. (And for those of you who go into my Udon, Soba etc thread this will all be repeats, I just thought I should also add in here.

He really was into checking out a couple of ghost shrimp that I put in the tank, and after that I saw him hunting around in the plants so I think it was good mental stimulation. Then last night I fed some live blackworms with the fish and he was having fun hunting those down, too. Live food is a nice option here and there. Might try to get some ghost shrimp breeding in my cherry shrimp tank too.

The tail chunk that was missing has filled in but he somehow split his tail. Probably squirreling around in the vals, or maybe the chunk made it more vulnerable to a split in that spot?

IMG_8998.JPG

Baby CB Teug and my not so baby WC Del
IMG_9001.JPG

Peekaboo
image.jpeg

Maybe if the shrimp was a little smaller it would have been easier to grab.

Are you a food?

I think you're a food but I'm not sure how to catch you.

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
IMG_1080.JPG IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1082.JPG

So this may just be in my case. But I let them go 2 days no food and they've been extremely more active and colorful. I'm really thinking the every other day feeding or everyday feeding is better for them. They just really seem a lot healthier.

I mean look at those gold specks on the fins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store