New 33,000 gal indoor pond

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hillstream Loaches need the high flow and well lit areas which is how they naturally live :)

3090 Jim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
I full sized channel cat could eat that whole stocklist by itself.
They also grow very fast.
Pitbull/Rubber plecos will need heat and they're really not as tough as the bristlenose
the butterfly suckers and hillstream loaches come from colder water streams and rivers- they might fit in to that niche better. Other than that I am incredibly excited for you- and more than just a little jealous :)
Thanks for the help. That feedback is why I posted the list of fish. I've had 1 sw fish kill or eat a whole tank before, and don't want that on a pond this big!

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
Man some larger koi cohabbed with some albino channel cats would be awesome! Maybe even throw in some sunfish and bass?

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Albino Chocolate Pleco should be cold hardy enough and they're super cheap.
I'll get you some pics they're essentially just a regular pleco but with color you can see from above -They get bigger but not channel cat size or with their voracious appetites. Seriously people read the thread I love channel cats too but they need more depth than this pond has.

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
how about a soft shell turtle or two? they shouldn't got strolling about the office, and while they will eat the smaller fish occasionally they shouldn't get to the larger ones. Gold Danios will do exceptionally well in that temp range and are large enough/active enough to be visible and add movement whereas I'm afraid the other guppies and tetras will just get lost to the background. Too bad rays are illegal in CA but you could go with some of the showier fancy goldfish for a fish that looks great from above and have a variety of colors.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
how about a soft shell turtle or two? they shouldn't got strolling about the office, and while they will eat the smaller fish occasionally they shouldn't get to the larger ones. Gold Danios will do exceptionally well in that temp range and are large enough/active enough to be visible and add movement whereas I'm afraid the other guppies and tetras will just get lost to the background. Too bad rays are illegal in CA but you could go with some of the showier fancy goldfish for a fish that looks great from above and have a variety of colors.
Soft-shelled turtles will get big. Although the average size is around 12 inches, they are capable of growing up to almost 2 feet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store