Clown/Leaflip Grouper

SaltwaterNC

Feeder Fish
Jan 18, 2017
Ive got Leaflip (about 4") that isn't eating very well...been feeding it chopped krill...ive only seen him eat once in two wks? The tank lighting is low but all it does is hide...it is only fish in the tank? Tank is 150L Sg 1.024 PH 8.1 everything else is 0 across the board. Any imput would be helpful Thanks

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Ive got Leaflip (about 4") that isn't eating very well...been feeding it chopped krill...ive only seen him eat once in two wks? The tank lighting is low but all it does is hide...it is only fish in the tank? Tank is 150L Sg 1.024 PH 8.1 everything else is 0 across the board. Any imput would be helpful Thanks

If you just got the Grouper give it more time to acclimate and to realize that you are no threat.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Is he losing weight? He could be eating when you aren't watching. Small inverts / pods / worms...all sorts of good food in a saltwater tank.

If he looks healthy just leave him be and keep trying.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Is he losing weight? He could be eating when you aren't watching. Small inverts / pods / worms...all sorts of good food in a saltwater tank.

If he looks healthy just leave him be and keep trying.

I agree when I had Saltwater setups had a juvenile Panther Grouper that acted the same way until the grouper became comfortable with me approaching the aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store