Feeding chopped fish?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I like feeding with the lights off because i still have quite a few rather larger rainbowfish from the previous tank setup that are super aggressive feeders. theyll eat everything and push everyone else out of the way if the lights are on. as they continue to die off ill switch to lights on feedings. even "lights off" for me is still really good visibility. the led fixture has a really cool "cloudy" nightmode that is blue with a rolling cloud effect and i have a couple of custom settings ive made of dimmed reddish/green light to give a faded sunset look
Sounds cool i feel your pain if i feed pellets the pearsei will gorge himself unless i use the blie settings on the lights. Foe some reason it paralyzes him lmaoo

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
sounds exactly like my rainbows. the blue comes on and they start hovering
Hahah you have to get a vid of that. Will dig up one of the pearaei

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Awesome! I need to get some fish again, Hope my fish don't get bored of pellets in the mean time

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
IMG_7914.JPG IMG_7823.JPG J jaws7777 hard to get the camera to focus in the moonlights especially on fish that shimmer as much as rainbows but here they are "hovering" they all line up across the open water section of the tank about 6" below the surface and sit there all night. Plus a pic of one of my older turq males because you don't see big rainbows that often and this shows why they camera won't focus on them in the blue light lol

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
View attachment 1248778 View attachment 1248777 J jaws7777 hard to get the camera to focus in the moonlights especially on fish that shimmer as much as rainbows but here they are "hovering" they all line up across the open water section of the tank about 6" below the surface and sit there all night. Plus a pic of one of my older turq males because you don't see big rainbows that often and this shows why they camera won't focus on them in the blue light lol
I wonder what it is with the blue light. Might be mean but i find it hysterical when my guy does it.

Reactions: Experiment397

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
none of my other fish do it. the balas go hide in the plants and i assume they just sleep. the monsters all come out to play and the rainbows lose their minds and start hovering

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store