HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
fishfanatic80 fishfanatic80 Angelphish Angelphish
That's great to hear. Does the kessil controller allow for repeated on/off during a day, or (like the Halo) only one on and one off?

I'm totally outing myself as a dinosaur- in my days, lights simply had an on/off switch. The controller seems neat, though. Sunrise/-set sound fantastic!

Is it the A Series spectral controller? Or would you guys mind posting a link?

Much obliged, I truly appreciate your sharing of experience and helping an old guy out with new tech!

http://kessil.com/aquarium/Accessories_Spectral_Controller_use.php#

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
fishfanatic80 fishfanatic80 Angelphish Angelphish
That's great to hear. Does the kessil controller allow for repeated on/off during a day, or (like the Halo) only one on and one off?

I'm totally outing myself as a dinosaur- in my days, lights simply had an on/off switch. The controller seems neat, though. Sunrise/-set sound fantastic!

Is it the A Series spectral controller? Or would you guys mind posting a link?

Much obliged, I truly appreciate your sharing of experience and helping an old guy out with new tech!

http://kessil.com/aquarium/Accessories_Spectral_Controller_use.php#
That's it. Each setting (you can save multiple) allows for 6 different brightness and color settings, so up to 3 on/offs per day.

Reactions: HarleyK

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
That's it. Each setting (you can save multiple) allows for 6 different brightness and color settings, so up to 3 on/offs per day.
The controllers come with a magnetic mount, so they can be mounted to a stand, which is what I did with mine.

In the second picture, there are 6 dots at the bottom. You can enter a time, color, and intensity into each one. The blue line is color, and the orange is light intensity. I have the color set to peak when the light is at a low brightness, and the brightness to peak when the color is low. Time is set in 1 minute increments, while color and brightness are %5 increments.

Reactions: HarleyK

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Those lights better be the most glorious illumination experience ever, looking at the total $ for a 6ft tank ...

Reactions: J. H.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Those lights better be the most glorious illumination experience ever, looking at the total $ for a 6ft tank ...
125? If you put them on max they should be enough for baby tears and whatnot. A carpet of S. Repens would look good on a tank of that size.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
220 :)

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
IMG_6072.JPG I just want to keep this running. Currently supported with 4x 96 W power compacts

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
How many Angels is enough?
Lol. I started with fewer... gave away most of the fry and only kept a few. Now imagine what it'll be like with a romantic sunset dimmer setting ;-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store