Captive PBB Photos and Observations

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
DRteugelsi DRteugelsi
Is your tank background clear with a white wall behind it?

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Reactions: Polyaddict86

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
So something interesting happend today. I was going in to feed the fish room and the pbb was literally begging for food. At the top of the tank just like the cichlids. If he does it again I'll try to get a video.

I was just so surprised by it seeing as how skittish he usually is. The teug gets excited when I go in to feed them and swims around like crazy but has never came directly to the top of the tank begging for food.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
So something interesting happend today. I was going in to feed the fish room and the pbb was literally begging for food. At the top of the tank just like the cichlids. If he does it again I'll try to get a video.

I was just so surprised by it seeing as how skittish he usually is. The teug gets excited when I go in to feed them and swims around like crazy but has never came directly to the top of the tank begging for food.
I wonder if that's a CB trait that will make him be bolder as it grows?

Mine is still skittish which is annoying.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
As of now yes! Haven't done anything fancy with this tank because it's temporary.
Most likely one of the reasons why the black sand is not making your pbb lose contrast. As compared to inline4 who has black background/black bottom, his pbb turned straight up green. Would be interesting to see how the contrast changes once you add a background. :cool:

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
I wonder if that's a CB trait that will make him be bolder as it grows?

Mine is still skittish which is annoying.
I was kinda thinking this was the case as well but I think it may also be because he's the largest in the tank and I'm almost always in the fish room (if I'm not at work) that he's just used to me by now.

Most likely one of the reasons why the black sand is not making your pbb lose contrast. As compared to inline4 who has black background/black bottom, his pbb turned straight up green. Would be interesting to see how the contrast changes once you add a background. :cool:
Well the 300 is either going to have a tan or blue background depending on what color I use to seal the plywood so we will have to see what that changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store